One of the seven wonders of the world was the hanging gardens of Semiramis. Unfortunately, they are not preserved, but you can organize an analogue of vertical gardens at home. To do this you will need several pots and a free wall.
The model of vertical gardening has recently become very popular among designers. It was appreciated by the inhabitants of city apartments, who can not constantly communicate with nature and do not have the opportunity to break a full-fledged garden. If you decide to use a room, balcony or terrace to grow flowers or plants, then modular system will suit you perfectly.
Vertical garden can be created in the old racks
In addition, not only ornamental but also useful plants are grown in vertical gardens. What plants are suitable for landscaping, how much light and water will they need? It will depend on the choice of the side of the world and your preferences.
There are special containers for vertical gardening
To break a vertical garden is not more difficult than usual. It is only necessary to take care of the presence of some components:
- Capacity or container for growing or creating a system of vertical gardening.
- The soil. Good soil is the key to successful plant growth and development. Since their living space is limited by capacity, it is very important to choose the right soil composition. Creating the necessary conditions begins with the laying of organic compost.
- Humidity. Vertical cultivation of plants has advantages over conventional ones, but they do not relate to moisture. We need to take care that the moisture does not go from the top plants to the bottom and all of them evenly receive the liquid.
- Nutrients. If a vertical garden is made up of separate pots, then each of them will be a separate ecosystem. Therefore, in each tank you need to put as much fertilizer as required by a separate bush or plant.
Vertical gardens can be placed right on the front of the building.
First, determine the place in which the vertical garden will be located. Only after that it will be possible to choose something specific. Consider what types of plants are suitable for certain places depending on the cardinal points.
But the gradation is simpler.
1. Shady place
For the shaded areas is characterized by an almost complete absence of light and the moisture level there is slightly higher than usual. In such places it is better to plant the following plants:
- any species mint (peppermint, Moroccan, chocolate);
- thai basil;
- melissa medicinal.
2. Partially shaded spot
In such zones, the sun appears from time to time. Therefore, it is also necessary for the listed plants, albeit in very small doses:
- dwarf cabbage;
- green onions;
3. Sunny place
Excess sun can play a negative role for the growth and development of plants - being in the closed environment of a vertical garden, they can dry faster. The most light-loving and suitable for growing in a vertical garden are:
- cherry tomatoes;
Vertical gardens are back in fashion.
To create a vertical garden you may need a metal frame divided into cells. They will be attached to the tank with planting material. If you plan to organize an irrigation system, then you will need to make small holes for watering and fertilizing. It is better to make a wire frame that will not allow the earth to fall out of the pot along with the plant.
The foundation for the vertical garden should be solid and comfortable.
All pots or containers need to be stapled to each other in order for the design to become stable and durable. Further care is not fundamentally different from the care of ordinary garden flowers and plants. In spring and autumn, fertilizing should be carried out, and in winter - to warm the plants so that they endure the cold well. During flowering, remove excess sprouts and flowering inflorescences.
In time, pruning plants from excess leaves and shoots
A vertical garden will long please you with its appearance and useful plants.