Fokin's universal ploskorez copes with the majority of country works and at the same time requires a minimum of effort from summer residents. With this simple tool, you can not only improve soil fertility, but also save your health.
If you want to spend time at your summer cottage not only with advantage, but also with pleasure, perform more than 20 types of land works with the help of one tool and at the same time remain in perfect physical shape - you cannot do without Fokin's flat cutter.
Officially in the "Bulletin of inventions and discoveries of Russia" the tool is called "Fokin's manual soil tillage tool". But to our summer residents, it is better known as the Fokin ploskorez.
Engineer Vladimir Vasilyevich Fokin He had extensive experience in farming and gardening. Being engaged in the cultivation of various crops, he was constantly thinking about how to combine several tools for gardening into one. Work on the ground has become especially Fokin after suffering a heart attack. But the engineer decided not to give up and managed to create a unique tool that facilitated the work not only for him, but for tens of thousands of summer residents.
Externally, Fokin's flat cutter looks very simple and straightforward. This is a flat wooden stick with a metal chopper of irregular shape, bent in several places. However, it is these bends of the plate that allow you to perform various types of work, from weeding to hilling.
- regular use of this tool increases soil fertility, it remains moderately hydrated, saturated with oxygen and nutrients;
- working with a flat cutter is more convenient than most garden tools. With him, you will forever forget about back pain and other manifestations of discomfort;
- the universal product will replace the whole mountain of country stock. Changing the angle of inclination, you can perform up to two dozen operations;
- even the most hard-to-reach and non-working places can be machined with small planers;
- Caring for a flat cutter is minimized - it is enough to periodically sharpen sharp edges.
Fokin's flat cutter is considered a universal replacement for many tools, such as hoe, plow, hiller, all kinds of hoes, cultivators, etc. Partly eliminating the need for spit, shovel, forks and rakes. And all because the flat cutter is designed to perform a whole range of country work:
1. Formation of beds. This is perhaps the most important type of dacha work, with which Fokin's flat-cutter copes excellently. Initially, flip the soil from the row spacing on the main bed with the flip side of the cutter. Do this alternately - first from one aisle, then from the second. The edge of the blade during work should look down, that is, perpendicular to the surface of the bed. Smoothly pull the flat-cutter towards you, gradually raking up the ground in one place.
2. Alignment of the surface of the beds. For this kind of work, the blade of the flat-cutter should be buried 1-2 cm in the soil and the tool should be run like a rake. At the same time, lumps of earth are loosened.
3. Loosening and weeding. The sharp cutting edge of a flat cutter is the best for weed control. By directing the tool "towards oneself" and deepening it into the soil, it is possible to effectively get rid of weeds, especially in the early stages of their development. You can also use the "spit" method - as if to mow the top layer of the soil, which greatly facilitates the work.
4. Processing heavy clay soil. In this case, the ploskorezom work like a pick or ketmen. The blade is thrust into the ground with a narrowed end and chipped off the boulder after the boulder. Recently, they are increasingly saying that it is not necessary to dig up a garden to a great depth. Just a few centimeters deep burial. It is produced by striking the ground with a narrow cutting side. Such work can be performed by any ploskorezom, but the most convenient and easy to do it with the help of Fortress or the Mighty One.
5. Hilling. The soil from the rows between rows is sprinkled with an inverted flat-cutter, first on one side of young plants, and then on the other. The most convenient way to perform this work is the flat cutter Moguschnik.
6. Deep grooving cutting (soil chipping). The narrow edge of the flat cutter is thrust into the ground, as far as its length permits, and is carried along the bed. This helps loosen heavy soil and saturate it with oxygen. Also, the narrow part of the flat cutter can cut grooves for sowing seeds.
And with the help of Fokin's flat-cutter, you can break large clods of earth, cut the siderata, remove excess grass or rake it into one pile, chop off the mustache from strawberries, rake the litter in the chicken coop, etc.
A visual demonstration of the work of a flat-cutter is presented in the following video:
In total there are six original Fokin flat-cutter varieties:
- Large flat cutter;
- Small flat cutter;
- Flat cut Fortress;
- Flat cut Moguschnik;
- Big polik;
- Small polik.
Large flat cutter usually used in the preparation of beds for planting. It allows you to loosen the soil to a depth of 15 cm, to pile up, weed it, including in hard-to-reach places, and also to process tree trunks.
Small flat cutter used for quick processing of beds on "light" soils. Especially well, he proved himself when weeding between the rows of carrots, garlic, onions and other similar crops.
Flat cut Fortress, as the name implies, is ideal for heavy clay soils and virgin areas. Its blade is slightly shorter and wider than the “standard” flat-cutter, so it’s easier to work with. This is especially appreciated by people in age.
Flat cutter Moguschnik equipped with a wide blade and is an excellent solution for high hilling garden crops, such as potatoes.
Bolshaya Polotik with a long and narrow blade it is intended for fast weeding of large areas and large areas occupied by crops.
Small Polotik it differs from a small flat cutter by the width of the tip of the blade: it is already twice. Designed for weeding narrow rows.
Not all garden and garden works require a perfectly sharpened flat cutter. Weed grass, which has not yet grown heavily, can be cut off with a slightly dull blade. It will not cut the weed, but pick it up and pull it out. But, of course, it all depends on the degree of neglect of the site. The same applies to leveling the soil.
However, for most types of work, it should still be kept sharpened. First you need to inspect the main cutting edge and gently try it with your finger to see if it is dull or not.
The fact is that they try to grind the flat cutter out of habit like a scythe. The original flat cutter is sharpened at a certain angle. He carefully verified and calculated. If you sharpen a flat cutter at a sharper angle, the tool will be sharper, but it will also get blunt faster. If you make a blunt angle blunt - then everything will be the opposite. The golden mean is an angle of 40-45 degrees, and it must be maintained all the time while you are using the tool.
Start sharpening necessary with inspection of the cutting edge. When working, it is usually turned to the ground, and therefore it is necessary to sharpen it. From the flat top surface, on which the ground rolls, they only remove the burrs. To do this, at the end of sharpening it is enough to walk on it with a grinding block or file.
When sharpening on electric sandpaper, the pressure should be minimal so as not to cause the cutting edge to heat up (otherwise, the hardness and wear resistance of the steel will decrease).
For the winter, the blade of the blade is better treated with an anti-corrosion compound to protect it from rust.
A little more about sharpening a Fokin flat cutter will tell the video:
Recently, Fokin's flat-cutters are made by all and sundry: the market has been flooded with fakes and hastily made products. They are distinguished by low quality, unevenly screwed work element made of soft metal, etc.
Recognize original possible on the following grounds:
- The shaft of this tool is never painted, nor is the blade (it is black). The latter is made of high quality structural steel, treated to a hardness of 40 units. according to Rockwell. The original is always sharp, the blade a bit "springy";
- When buying in stores, pay attention - on the flat-cuts between the mounting holes, either the letter “F” or the sticker - a large flat cutter “from Fokine” or a small flat cutter “from Fokine” must be stamped;
- the difference between the fake and the original is especially noticeable when you hold both tools in your hands. Fake metal also gives a fake, which can often be bent by hand.
A dull flat blade, minimum grade, low price, lack of warranty are all signs of a fake tool.
Only a flat-cutter made on the patterns of the inventor will be able to give you genuine enjoyment of dacha work. No other options, even self-made and made exactly according to the drawings, can not boast of durability and reliability simply because the technology of steel processing and the application of anti-corrosion coating is constantly being improved.
These flat-cutters "from Fokin" must be sold with the inventor's brochure "To the Earth with Science", with a color cover and a photo by V.V. Fokina. The kit includes 2 nozzles (large - for tillage and complex work, small - for quick and easy weeding), a set of fasteners and 2 cuttings. Cuttings for flat cutters can be made independently, at the end of the brochure there is an instruction how to do this.
Contact one of the leading manufacturers, which preserves and enhances the traditions established by the inventor Fokin, in the following ways:
601384, Vladimir region., Sudogodsky district, Muromtsevo settlement, st. Shkurina, d. 8, apt. 6. Fokin Vladislav Olegovich.
+7 (4922) 46-29-46,
+7 (4922) 60-10-81.
Detailed information for online order of Fokin flat cutters is located here.