In the summer at the cottage you need not only work, but also rest. Relax, spend time with your family or have fun in a good company, it will turn out when beauty and order reign on the site. To achieve this is not difficult. Now you see for yourself.
Equip comfortable beds, lay paths in the garden, equip a workplace where everything will be close at hand, in short, arrange the space in the summer cottage so that it is easy and pleasant to work here. Then the time for rest and entertainment in the fresh air will be much more.
1. Poor garden
The garden, which does not require you to titanic efforts to handle it, is not difficult to arrange. It is enough to make the beds that do not have to endlessly weed. To do this, knock down a box of old boards, soaking the wood with used engine oil. On the grass lay a black spunbond, which will become an obstacle to perennial weeds, put a bed frame on it, inside lay a fine-meshed metal grid - to protect against moles. Pour in the garden soil, a little sand and rotted manure. Spill it with water and let it sit for a few days. Then loosen the soil and you can sow the seeds.
What are the advantages of such beds? First, when you install it, you do not have to dig up the virgin soil. Secondly, it is possible to place such a structure anywhere. For example, under the trees dill and parsley will be protected from the scorching sun. Thirdly, the garden is never too late to improve, adapting for growing crops in closed ground. How? Very simple! Drill through holes in the ends of the boards and insert greenhouse arches into them, cutting off part of the sheath with a sharp knife. Get comfortable low greenhouses.
If necessary, the upper parts can be disassembled, and water that has fallen into the through holes of the box easily flows out. A significant plus for the bows - with this installation, they do not bend, as when pressed into the ground, and therefore they will last longer. The dense black spunbond fixed to the frame with the help of a construction stapler will save you from tedious weeding. Make a cut in the nonwoven fabric for planting. Its remains can be lined tracks around the beds, if you decide to make a lot of them. At the end of the summer season, crush the plant residues and put it under a layer of not more than 12 cm under this spunbond. Spill with a solution of the “Baikal” preparation, fix the material to the ground with wire pins, lightly tap it. In the spring under this shelter will be ready compost.
When the land in the country only 6 acres, the place on the site has to be protected, including actively using the third dimension - height. Therefore, for growing vegetables and berries, use vertical beds.
It is not worth doing more than 4 tiers - it will be difficult to reach each bush. It is easy to make a construction, but first it must be calculated. The main thing to consider when planning: the width of the tiers is 25-30 cm, the distance between the plants is the same, at the top it is better to plant the plants in one row.
When building a “pyramid”, the inner frame does not need to be done; in the center of the future berry plant organic matter: branches, grass, leaves, cones. For edging, use boards, slate, plastic. Hammer the pieces of a metal corner into the ground, attach the sides to the entire perimeter, and then fill the limited area with fertile soil, slightly tamping it down. Then, stepping back inside 30 cm, install a new fence for the second tier, etc. At the end of the vertical beds spill water, level and sprinkle the soil. Give the bulk object time to settle down, and you can plant it. Under planting and use compost boxes. On last year's raw materials pour sand, dung and earth, and plant seedlings in the holes.
2. Spectacular garden
If the suburban area has a small slope, you need to visually align the relief. We offer to build retaining wallby using handy materials. For example, old ceramic bricks and stones collected on the river bank.
Make a cement-sand mortar base with a thickness of 12 cm and a height of 30 cm. Place it on a sand pad. To protect against moisture from the inside, lay a layer of roll waterproofing. To lay the base, apply a thick layer of tile glue to the brick, then sink a few stones into it. Using a brush and water, wash the remnants of the mortar from the joints.
- For the construction of a higher structure will require a deeper foundation.
- In the long retaining wall every 2 m should be made holes for PVC pipes with a diameter of 6 cm for water flow.
- Stones are stacked in random order, alternating large and smaller. Large cobblestones can be drowned at the bottom of the base, and smaller elements can be placed at the top.
- If you cover the stones with a special varnish, it will give them a "wet" effect.
- Cover the wall for the winter with foil to protect against melt water.
Zoned garden can be different. The cheapest way is to make wattle fence from the twigs of willow or hazel. For mobile poles from poles, make a rectangular frame with a horizontal crossbar in the middle and install metal corners and pins from below to fasten the section to the ground. Then perform a direct weaving - run the bars vertically from different sides through the middle guide and fit tightly to each other. So that when the weaving section is not deformed, each rod should be nailed to the frame with a stud.
When building stationary fence, first drive into the ground at the same distance from each other stakes. And then horizontally "snake" lay between them thin rods to the desired height of the fence.
With the help of a wicker fence of different heights you can disguise unsightly corners or outbuildings. Low borders are convenient to draw the boundaries of flower beds and garden beds. At the same time, natural material is perfectly combined with plants, clay containers and vessels, wooden benches, gazebos, wells.
If you have been dreaming about a reservoir for a long time, but you do not have time to keep it in order, dry creek will be for you a real find.
To create such a composition, pre-plan its shape and prepare stones. Mark the contour of the future stream with sand. On the contour, dig a trench with a depth of 15–20 cm, level the surface with a rake, cover the “channel” with a black spanbond so that you do not suffer from weeding afterwards. Spread stones in the direction from the "coast" to the center.
A dry stream without plants on the shoreline looks dull. Plant willow beside, bearded irises, host, buzulnik, day lily. Complement the composition with a decorative bridge and garden lamps.
Arch - design for growing vines. Some gardeners install it above the gate, and such an unusual design of the entrance to the site always attracts attention. To create an arch with a rectangular arch, you will need a wooden bar with a section of 100 × 50 mm. Specify the width of the arch 1.5 m, height - 2.1 m.
The design consists of two U-shaped supports mounted above the track at a distance of 0.4 m from each other. For the strength of the base of supports, embed them into the ground by 0.7 m and concrete. To make the arch more attractive and to facilitate the climb to the top, the space between the supports should be covered with frequent crossbars.
For decorating the arch, you can plant bushes of girlish grapes. After a couple of years, they will close together on the vault, intertwine and form a lush “canopy” of carved leaves. The grapes are attached to the supports with the help of antennae. This shrub winter-hardy vine does not require shelter, winters right on the supports.
3. Comfortable workplace
It is convenient to perform many summer works on a high garden table.
You will need:
- bar 40 × 100 mm,
- board: 25 × 120 mm for the table top and shelves, 15 × 100 mm for the rear wall,
- screws 5 × 70 mm and 4.5 × 50 mm,
- white acrylic paint.
Instructions for the construction of the garden table
Prepare the frame base. Cut 4 racks out of a bar (2 short and 2 long). Connect them with longitudinal and transverse crossbars. Next, mount the two work surfaces, the back wall and shelves. Sand wood, prime with acrylic paint, let dry. After apply the finishing coat of paint. Additionally, in several places, fasten plastic hooks for small items. Done!
4. Fast track
The sooner you deal with cases, the more time to rest will remain. The speed of work depends largely on who, how quickly you move around the site. Faster and safer to walk on quality tracks.
Instructions for the construction of garden paths
- Decide in advance on the location of the tracks and their width. Consider the size of the elements of the future decorative coating (tiles, bricks, etc.) - try to calculate their exact number in the row, so as not to waste time cutting. The paths from the house to the gate are recommended to be made wider - up to 1.5 m, for household buildings, a greenhouse, a bath - up to 1 m.
- In places marked with pegs, dig a trench 30 cm deep and 20 cm wider than the planned track. Tamp the bottom carefully.
- At the edges of the trench, install curbs - they will play the role of a formwork for a concrete fill and a durable framework for decorative elements and bulk materials.
- Cover the trench with layers of crushed stone of medium fraction for drainage (10 cm) and sand (15 cm). Tamper again carefully.
- Lay a PVC film over the sand so that it does not come into contact with the concrete solution.
- Distribute small fragments of bricks in the trench, lay a reinforcing mesh on them. Pour all the concrete solution (7-8 cm), level it.
- Cover the concrete base with black film to protect it from debris, sun and rain.
- After 36 hours, you can start laying decorative cover. Beforehand, pour 2-3 cm of sifted sand on frozen concrete. Elements should be laid with a gap of 3-5 mm (use crosses for ceramic tiles), tapping them with a mallet. Periodically apply a level to the surface so that the path goes flat.
- Sprinkle the finished track with a thin layer of sand and notice it with a brush in the gaps.
5. A place for comfortable rest
Build a pergola pergola. It will be a great place for evening tea and relaxation!
You will need:
- 4 wooden pillars (3300 × 100 × 100 mm),
- beams - 4 longitudinal (4500 × 50 × 150 mm) and 7 transverse (3000 × 40 × 100 mm),
- Reiki - 10 pcs. (4000 × 40 × 40 mm) and 20 × 40 mm for a batten (trellis),
- 8 bolts 12 × 250 mm,
- 16 nuts with washers,
- screws 3,5 × 45 mm and 4,5 × 70 mm,
- finishing nails
- Circular Saw,
Instructions for the construction of pergolas
- Under the poles dig 4 holes (350 × 350 mm) 1 m deep.
- According to the sizes on the scheme, cut out the blanks, polish them.
- Treat the columns with antiseptic, and their lower parts, which will be concreted, wrap the roofing material.
- Install the support and concreted.
- After three days, proceed to the installation of pergola arbor parts. Cut curved beams on the cardboard pattern. Mark and drill holes in them. After pre-assembling the beams on the posts, mark the places of their fastening and make through holes. Fasten these parts with bolts and washers.
- Cut the cross-pieces according to the pattern and attach them to the prepared frame using self-tapping screws.
- Distribute and secure the rails over the crossbeams.
- On the sides of the design, install the trellis.
- Fire wood with fire protection in 2 layers, and then with white acrylic paint, resistant to precipitation and direct sunlight.
- Finally, prepare a concrete base for laying paving slabs.
Also, do not forget to make a big table where all your close-knit family can gather.
You will need:
- boards with a section of 40 × 90 mm,
- screws 4,5 × 70 mm,
- Circular Saw,
Instructions for the construction of a garden table with their own hands
- Transfer the dimensions of the blanks from the scheme to the boards. Cut the parts with a circular saw and polish them.
- Assemble the frame from the support elements interconnected by crossbars and a longitudinal stiffener. On the latter, for better stability of the future table, fix the vertical supports.
- Lay out the table top on the upper rails of the supporting elements. First fix the extreme boards. Then spread out the rest, keeping an equal distance between them. Connect all the details of the table top with each other in the center with an additional board, securing it from below. Round the corners of the tabletop.
- Cover the table with clear varnish in two layers.
And here is a chair to the table!
You will need:
- plywood 20 mm thick
- timber 20 × 30 mm
- screws 3,5 × 40 mm,
Instructions for the manufacture and assembly of the chair
- Transfer the contours of the support elements to the plywood sheet from the scheme and cut them with a jigsaw. Prepare slats of the required length from a bar for the backrest and seat.
- Assemble the seat frame of the two support elements and rails. Connect the parts with screws, pre-drilled holes and rezkovkovav to hide the fastener heads.
- In a similar way, make a chair back.
- Sand wood, smooth sharp corners, varnish the surface.
- It is easy to assemble a chair: keeping the backrest tilted, insert the seat support legs into it.
Having equipped a summer cottage for your needs, according to your wishes and taste, you can not only grow a good harvest, but also relax with comfort and benefit. You will find even more useful tips on the pages of the magazine "Matchmakers". You can subscribe to the publication in any post office. And those who are constantly online can subscribe via the Internet. To do this, just follow the link.