Sometimes the gardener needs a "jewelry", but a reliable tool. What technique is better to choose if you need to cultivate the land in a greenhouse or on a small narrow bed, or a small flower bed?
We propose to consider the advantages and disadvantages of different options.
The main concern of the summer resident in the spring is to manage the plot and plant everything necessary. It is necessary to dig and prepare the ground, including in the greenhouse. But it is not always enough to dig up everything manually, under a shovel. And then various mechanical devices come to the rescue. The most affordable and simple of them is a manual cultivator.
Its main purpose is loosening the land, weeding and removing weeds.
Manual cultivators are of several types: with a toothed cutter, tornado-type root removers, as well as their reduced versions.
The manual cultivator is indispensable for working in high beds.
Advantages of manual cultivators:
- do not strain your back during work;
- more effective than a shovel;
- does not require special skills;
- do not spread weeds throughout the plot;
- You can work in cramped conditions, for example, in a greenhouse;
- do not require additional materials and accessories.
Along with the pluses, the manual cultivator has its drawbacks:
- low level of performance;
- it is impossible to cultivate the land if it is not plowed;
- quality of work is inferior to the results of the work of automatic tools.
Electrthe traditional motor-cultivator
If there is a lot of work in the country, and the size of the greenhouse leaves room for maneuvers, in order to save energy and increase work efficiency, it is better to buy an electric cultivator instead of a manual one. They are of different types, capacities, but invariably one thing: they all work on an electric motor. For processing small and medium-sized areas it is more convenient to use a small electro-cultivator.
Its main advantages include:
- small weight and compact dimensions;
- ease of use;
- work without stopping to refuel;
- lack of emission of harmful products of combustion of fuel.
He has disadvantages:
- the processing area depends on the length of the electric cord;
- small power;
- Care should be taken not to damage the cable;
- only suitable for work on small areas, such as greenhouses or flower beds;
- cannot add attachments;
- shallow tillage.
The easy motor-cultivator will cope with work on a small site
The most powerful device for homestead land work. For greenhouses, beds and small areas suitable for small or light types. This unit does not weigh much (from 8 to 15 kg) and because of this it has good maneuverability.
Obvious advantages of a petrol motor cultivator:
- deep study of the soil;
- big work resource;
- the ability to handle large areas of the area.
But, as with any technology, it has its disadvantages:
- requires maintenance, for which special skills are needed;
- it is necessary to refuel it regularly;
- pollutes the air with burning waste.
In a greenhouse, you can grow vegetables and fruits all year round, get early harvests of vitamin greens for home consumption, or make it a fairly profitable business.
It is most convenient to farm the land in small greenhouses with a hand cultivator. It allows you to carefully and accurately dig up and loosen the ground around the plants, remove weeds.
In a medium or large greenhouse you will need a more productive and powerful electric or gasoline motor-cultivator.
Electric motor-cultivators of small power (250 W) and weigh not much - only 4.5 kg. At the same time, they can weed weeds at a depth of up to 12 cm, and the width of the cutters is 16 cm. More powerful (900 or 1300 W) can not only remove weeds, but also make crests for potatoes and mix fertilizers.
A small cultivator can be cultivated not only in the ground in the greenhouse, but also in a flower bed
The land in the greenhouse is usually loose and wet, light. Therefore, you hardly need a technique of high power. The most preferable is non-heavy motor-cultivators, because similar gasoline models produce exhaust gases, which is not too good for an operator who works in a closed greenhouse space.
The main thing you need to pay attention to when choosing equipment for processing small summer or greenhouse plots is its maneuverability, weight, and productivity. The simplicity of the design also matters, because not every summer resident has experience with sophisticated equipment. And when the choice is made correctly, and the work will be a pleasure, and the harvest will turn out excellent.