About beds on Mitlayder did not hear except that lazy. About the features of this agrotechnology, read our material.
Doctor of Agricultural Sciences from the USA, Jacob Mitlider, has developed a universal method of growing vegetables, which is equally effective in any type of soil and climate. The peculiarity of this method is in specially equipped narrow beds. In this article we will look at the rules for creating a garden according to Mitlayder.
8 reasons to build beds along Mitlayder
1. The yield does not depend on the type of soil on the site, as you fill the beds with quality soil mixture.
2. The method is almost independent of climate and weather. It is equally effective in both arid and cold regions. Return frosts, fogs and other vagaries of weather for these beds are not terrible.
3. Narrow beds save space on the plot. To break such a garden, does not require large areas.
4. For the beds on Mitlayder just care. To keep the garden in order, it is enough to pay attention to it 2 days a week.
5. If in your garden there is high beds, they are easy to turn into beds along Mitlayder.
6. For watering narrow beds 40% less water requiredthan for a traditional vegetable garden.
7. High yield. A fact proven by thousands of farmers: the beds along Mitlayder bring more yield than the usual vegetable garden.
8. Over the beds by Mitlayder easy to build a greenhouse or temporary film shelter.
Is this not a good enough reason to test this "magic" agricultural technique on your own experience?
Jacob Mitlider, doctor of agricultural sciences, and the beds constructed by his method
The construction of the narrow beds
The width of the classic beds by Mitlayder 45 cm (while its length is not limited). The distance between the beds is about 90 cm. Experimentally, the vegetable grower found out that it is precisely with such proportions that the plants in the beds get the maximum of sunlight and air, and this means that for each “pet” of the garden the optimal conditions for photosynthesis are created. At the same time, care is reduced to a minimum: it is necessary to loosen, weed and water such a garden much less often than traditional beds require.
For arrangement of a narrow bed you will need:
- chopper with a straight blade;
- pegs (for marking);
- fertilizer mixing tank;
The first step is to make measurements of the future beds. With the help of pegs in the corners we outline the contours, stretch the twine. The width of the beds - 45 cm. Length - 3 meters or more (at your discretion). The width of the passage between the beds is 75-90 cm.
The parameters of the beds outlined pegs
On the sides of the garden we enclose 8-10 cm high earthen bumps. We ground the ground well in the aisles. It must be sufficiently compacted so that weeds do not sprout through it.
Before planting vegetables beds carefully watered.
According to the method of Metlider to lay out the passes with stones or tiles is not necessary.
Arrangement of vegetables in a narrow garden
Ideally, the beds should be located from east to west in order for the plants to get maximum sunlight. However, location from north to south is also permitted. In this case, vegetables should be planted in the garden, taking into account the height of the adult plant: tall ones should be planted on the northern side of the garden, lower ones - on the southern side.
Large plants are planted on a bed of Mittleider in one row, maintaining a distance of 30-35 cm between them. Greens and roots with a compact above-ground part of the plant are planted in two rows in a staggered manner with a distance of 5 cm
For example, potatoes and white cabbage are planted at a distance of 35 cm, and onions or garlic at a distance of 5 cm from a neighboring plant.
Fertilizer for beds on Mitlayder
Mitlider did not advocate solely organic matter in the garden and advised farmers to apply dry mineral fertilizers to the land. The classical scheme of feeding the narrow beds looks like this:
- Before planting in the beds make a mixture of calcium and boron at the rate of 100 g per 1 running meter for light (sandy and sandy) and 200 g for heavy (peaty) soils.
- After planting, the plants are fertilized 1 time in 1-1.5 weeks (fertilizers are poured in a narrow strip between the rows). Used for feeding a mixture of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and molybdenum at the rate of 60 g per 1 running meter.
After the application of dry fertilizers, the beds are watered abundantly.
Meathlider beds produce more crops than regular ones, and cares require less
Many vegetable growers who do not want to use "chemistry" in the garden replace it with organic fertilizers: liquid manure, compost, manure, humus.
Of course, there are critics of the Mltlider method. However, the fact remains: with the observance of all the rules of such agricultural technology, it is possible to get a good harvest even under the most favorable conditions.