Than to feed strawberries in the summer - this is the question most often asked novice gardeners. To improve the fruiting garden strawberries need to "support", feeding her various compositions. We will talk about them today.
Conventionally, there are several strawberry feeding periods during fruiting. It is especially important to make a complex of necessary fertilizers for large varieties in a timely manner. If strawberries are not fed during fruiting, the berries begin to shrink, lose their taste and become less juicy. We will talk about the most popular and effective methods of feeding strawberry.
In late May - early June, when the first berries are formed, the plant especially needs potassium. Do not interfere, and other beneficial substances that can be made using the following dressings:
- at the very beginning of the formation of the fruits make wood ash. It is introduced into the aisle (1 handful per 1 bush) or prepare a solution - 1 cup of the substance per 1 liter of hot water. The resulting mixture is diluted with 10 liters of water and add 1 l of the composition under a bush;
- use potassium monophosphate - 1 tbsp. Dilute the drug in 10 liters of water. The resulting solution is sufficient for 5 adult bushes. Before making the drug pour abundantly landing;
- Kemira Lux or Universal is suitable for strawberries during this period. The preparations are mixed with ammonium nitrate and potassium sulfate (in a 1: 1 ratio). Under each bush make 1 tsp. the resulting composition.
Feeding strawberries during fruiting summer residents often neglect, and meanwhile, it is at this time, which usually does not exceed two weeks, the plant also needs additional substances. Examples of such compounds:
- A universal feed is considered to be a solution of mullein with water (1:15). It should be infused for 2-3 days in an airtight container (for partial fermentation). Add one liter of the mixture under one plant;
- Use chicken droppings in a 1:30 water ratio. It should also infuse for several days in a tightly closed container. The resulting composition is made at the rate of 1 liter under a bush;
- well helps plants and infusion of nettle. Prepare a bucket of shredded nettle with a capacity of 10 liters and fill it to the brim with warm water. Let the composition infuse for several days and water the plants at the rate of 1-1.5 liters under a bush.
Use the drug Plantafol, which protects against pest infestation and is intended for foliar application.
Incredible results gives yeast feed for strawberries. It turns out that this nutrient mixture is the best way to promote the growth and fruiting of strawberry and other plants. Try one of the following compositions:
- the easiest recipe is to add raw yeast (100 g) to a bucket of warm water (10 l) and stir, then leave for a day and add 0.5 l of nutrient mixture for each plant;
- Dilute 0.5 kg of live yeast in a 3 liter jar of warm water and let it brew for 3-4 hours. Then dilute the mixture in 25 liters of water and water the bushes under the root with it;
- Dissolve 5 g of dry yeast in 0.5 l of water and add 20 g of sugar (1 tbsp). After 2-3 hours, dilute the mixture with 25 liters of water and add 1 l of the composition to each plant;
- to 1 tbsp. dry yeast, add 2 g of ascorbic acid, 50 g of sugar, a little earth, 5 liters of warm water and let it brew for 24 hours. Before making the feed, it is diluted with 10 liters of water and a liter of the resulting mixture is added under one bush.
The repair strawberry differs from the usual one in the first place in that it can bear fruit 2 or more times a year. Moreover, the second harvest (August-September) is sometimes even more abundant than the previous one. Considering that this often happens already in the first year after planting, the plant is in dire need of additional "nutrition." It is necessary to feed remontant strawberries at least 3 times a year.
First feeding carried out to stimulate rapid growth of leaves. At this time, it is good to use the solution from manure and ammonium sulfate. 2 glasses of cow dung mix with 1 tbsp. sulfate and dilute 10 liters of water. Under the bush make 1 l composition.
Second time Remontant strawberries are fed before it begins to bloom. To do this, take 1 glass mullein and dilute it with 5 liters of water. Under each bush enough to make 1 liter of the mixture. Help and infusion of nettle - take 1 bucket of 10 l and fill it with freshly picked foliage. Then add warm water and leave to infuse for 3 days. Strawberries are treated with this compound twice: for the first time before flowering, and the second time after harvesting.
Third dressing held at the end of May, just before flowering. For it, use 10 liters of water, 2 tbsp. nitrofoski and 1 tsp. potassium sulfate. Each bush fertilized 0.5 liters of the mixture.
Ridges with remontant strawberries begin to cover already in August to avoid cold snaps
Conducting even such minor dressings, you are guaranteed to increase the harvest and can enjoy the delicious strawberries. Remember that the main thing in the dressings of this culture is the timely and even introduction of the necessary substances.