Fir - a real queen among conifers, which looks great in a single landing. If you want to acquire this beautiful tree, consider the important rules of its cultivation.
In the suburban areas, it is best to grow fir up to 8 m. The most popular varieties are blue. Glaukasilvery Elegansmotley Variegata and creeping Prostrate. They are all shade-tolerant, prefer fertile and drained soil, high air humidity, poorly tolerate smoke and gas pollution of cities, grow quickly and hibernate without shelter.
It is best to plant on the site 5-7-year-old trees. The most suitable time for this is spring (april) or autumn (september). Planting fir is desirable on a cloudy day.
Place for landing need to prepare in advance, in about two weeks. A hole is dug about 70 cm deep. The bottom is loosened by another 10 cm, and then half-filled with soil mixture consisting of garden soil, humus, peat, sand (2: 3: 1: 1). Top bucket add sawdust, nitroammofosku (200 grams), all mixed and sprinkled with garden soil.
When planting fir tree roots should be placed in a horizontal position. Next, fill the pit with the remaining substrate so that the root neck is not recessed.
Fir can be planted in spring and autumn
The soil around the seedlings need to periodically loosen and remove weeds. Good results in the cultivation of fir gives mulching pristvolny circles. To do this, use peat, wood chips or sawdust.
Fir care rules
1. To feed conifers need only 3 years after planting. Fertilizer is applied to tree trunks in early spring. For 1 square meter you will need 100-125 g of Kemira-wagon.
2. Strong waterlogging of the ground is not recommended for fir. Watered plants with steady dry weather. One tree needs about 20 liters of water.
3. Fir has a beautiful pyramidal shape with lowered branches and does not require the formation of a crown. Periodically, she only needs sanitary pruningwhich is to remove dry, diseased and wind-broken branches. Spend it at any time as needed.
4. Adult conifers tolerate the middle strip winter well. But the young fir need shelter. In autumn, the ground around the seedlings is covered with peat (10-12 cm) or a layer of dry leaves. From above the tree is covered with spruce branches.
5. Rusty needles are often the result of their habitat. spruce-fir hermes. This is a kind of aphid that settles on the underside of the branches. Her colonies are white fluffy bloom. To get rid of the pest, make a solution of the drugs Rogor (20 g) or anti-anti (20 g) and water (10 l). Fir is treated in April, when the hermes females after hibernation crawl to the ground.
6. If fir is affected rust, then on the needles appear spots of the corresponding color, and on the branches - bloating. In this case, all the fallen needles are collected, diseased shoots are removed and burned. Sections are treated with garden pitch, and the whole tree is sprayed with Bordeaux mixture (200 g of the preparation per 10 liters of water).
Grow fir correctly - and she will thank you with an attractive appearance and fill the garden with a useful pine aroma!